8.04.2010

Hitting the Big Time!

Marianne Williamson, spiritual leader and author of "A Return to Love" and "Age of Miracles" to name a few has said:

"Our Greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure."

I would debate that and say that my greatest fear is actually becoming so self serving in my pursuit for success that I forget who I am!

I have recently been asked to speak at an Inman Conference called Agent Reboot in Seattle this month about my"journey towards a progressive Web strategy using social media" along side some very prominent speakers. 

My ongoing internal battle is being able to discern the difference between feeding my ego (its fun to be popular!) and building something truly valuable.  It seems that when you're on the 'right track' towards success, doors start opening and your opportunity to push your boundaries and challenge yourself and grow can often be shadowed with the glow of admiration and really .... 


There is nothing worse than someone who thinks TOO HIGHLY of themselves!

And therein lies my fear but my family and friends continue to be my grounding force and help me stay focused and on task.  They encourage me to pursue more, and remind me that the opportunities lie with all the amazing people I meet and all that I may learn from them!  Reaching higher so that I may surround myself with those who are more knowledgeable than I.

"Our aim should be SERVICE not Success"  - anonymous
 So here's to humility and providing valuable service to my clients and my peers by utilizing my own personal power and the opportunities that are presented to me.  I hope to help you as I've been helped by so many others!


No comments:

Post a Comment