Hey there, hi there, ho there!
I want to take this opportunity to invite you to join our Fraser Valley Social Media Meetup that is taking the Valley by storm! I founded this group with the intention to build our business relationships in the valley and offer truly valuable high level learning in all realms including Social Media, Business and Marketing. We also focus strongly on the 'Social' side of things and encourage the networking and enjoying each other's company!!
Guest presenters have included:
1. Stephen Jagger - owner of Ubertor/Reached/ and OutsourcingThings.com
2. Kye Grace - partner at Debruyn Design
3. Rich Patterson - owner of Big Coast Brands
4. Roy Osing - Author of Be Different or Be Dead
and this month I'm happy to announce that Shane Gibson - Co-author of Sociable and his newest book with Jay Conrad Levinson Guerrilla Social Media Marketing
We hold monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday at 7pm at Agave Grill in Langley on 200th Street. (this month is the exception - we'll be meeting on Wednesday, October 20th to accomodate our presenter who has to jet set off for some out of town meetings on our usual meetup date).
May I offer some tips on how to get the most out of our meetups?
1. Sign up!
2. Post a picture and a brief profile!! This allows us all to know who you are and give us the chance to recognize you in person. Additionally I may notice that you work in an industry that I may require - who knows where the business will potentially come from!
3. Leave your sales speak at the door! This group is meant to form relationships organically...that means you'll probably have to come back for more than one meetup because it takes a little time to build genuine relationships!
4. You can add the Meetup app on your iphone and check in to let your social network know where you are and you can even upload pictures on site to our meetup group with Snapup!
4. Stick around AFTER the presentations! There is HUGE value in the networking and socializing!
As we grow we may offer more events in between - that will all depend on what YOU want! I love hosting these meetups - we've met so many fabulous people! I just KNEW there were great people in the Valley - we just needed a way to connect!
So join up and please spread the word to anyone you think may be appreciate this opportunity!